Mercosur Travel Documents
Travel documents of the MERCOSUR Members Countries and Associated Countries - MERCOSUR / Common Market Council / Resolution N º 18/08
AGREEMENT AMENDING THE ANNEXE OF THE AGREEMENT ON TRAVEL DOCUMENTS OF MERCOSUR MEMBER COUNTRIES AND ASSOCIATED COUNTRIES (MERCOSUR/CMC/DECREE No. 14/11- Asunción June 28th, 2011)
Holders of travel documents listed below may cross the borders between the MERCOSUR Members Countries or Associated Countries carrying any of such documents, except that, because of these people's nationality, the visa would be a necessary requirement to enter the destiny country.
Arriving in the country
Most countries get a 90-day stay permit and don't need a visa, just a current passport. Neighbor countries need an ID only. If you need to stay over 90 days you should go to the Immigration office (Av Antartida Argentina 1355, Capital federal. Telephone number: 4311-3514/7695) You can bring domestic animals with the necessary documentation and vaccination. But, no plants, fruits, vegetables or perishable foods are allowed (marmalade, fresh produce, etc). If you are bringing your car or renting one you need a valid international drivers license
- • That you leave your passport, airplane ticket, valuables and cash, in the safety deposit box at the hotel,
- • That when making a payment you don't exhibit a large amount of cash,
- • That you don't leave your handbag, camera, shopping bags or any other valuable unattended,
- • That you don't walk in dark streets or desert areas late at night,
- • That you always ask for a receipt when you purchase something..
It is a costume to leave tips at bars and restaurants. It is usually a 10% of the total of the receipt. In other services it is not obligatory but you may still wish to leave a tip.
The local currency is the Peso ($) If you need to exchange foreign currency go to an authorized exchange agency or a bank.